Positions & Priorities
My Positions & Priorities have not changed since I was elected to the West Virginia House of Delegates in 2020. Hyper-partisanship continues to rip apart our country and this disarray is spreading to the states. While partisanship hasn’t completely taken over in West Virginia the partisanship creep is making its way into our state level governance. We cannot become a state wherein our political leaders don’t talk to each other or compromise to get things done for the people of West Virginia.
Leadership encompasses the ability to steer a group and take them in a common direction. If elected by the constituents of District 39 I will continue to use all the skills I have acquired over 34 years of Military service, in numerous leadership positions, and two years of service in the West Virginia House of Delegates to ensure the voice’s of citizens in District-39 and our Veterans are heard.
- We Must Create “Quality Jobs” that ensure Southern West Virginians can provide for their families.
- We Must Create a “Business-Friendly Environment” – Create positive tax and regulatory climate to encourage business growth and attract outside business to our state.
- We Must “Improve Broadband Infrastructure”. Broadband is the essential economic infrastructure that Southern West Virginia needs to compete regionally, nationally, and globally.
- Support Constitutional Right to Keep And Bear Arms.
- Support Concealed Carry Rights.
- Defend The Rights of Law-Abiding Gun Owners
- National Right To Carry
Disciplined Education System
- Reduce bureaucracy - Shift more public education funding to the classroom (too many administrators to student ratio).
- Effective teachers should be identified and rewarded on merit, not tenure.
- Building a better local economy is essential for improved teacher salaries, first-class school facilities, and attracting quality teachers.
- Abortion should never be used as a form of birth control
- I believe in exceptions when life of the mother is endangered or pregnancy resulting from incest or rape.
- We must continue to “Create Quality Jobs”.
- We must continue to “Reduce Bureaucracy in State Government”.
- We must continue to “Improve Transportation Infrastructure (Roads & Bridges)”.
- We must continue to “Restore a Disciplined Education System”.
- We must continue to “Take care of Veterans”.